Linksys WiFi Extender Reset- How to Do?
Are you looking for information on how to reset a Linksys wireless range extender? You will get the necessary information in this post. Although the instructions about the Linksys WiFi extender reset process are mentioned in the user manual, not all users find it easy to understand the instructions. For such users, we have jotted down this blog post that comprises the reset steps for the Linksys extender in an easy-to-understand manner. But before we tell you about the steps, we suggest you understand about the reset process.
Linksys WiFi Extender Reset: Why to Do?
There are a variety of reasons that make you reset your WiFi extender. The most common reason that forces users to do the reset is that the extender is stuck with some major issue. Such an issue that is not getting fixed by all the possible fixes can force you to perform a reset.
The second major reason for the process is a forgotten login password. If you forget the Linksys extender login password and can not reach the admin dashboard, then resetting is the only option that you are left with.
There are chances that you want to give your Linksys extender a new start. So, you should reset it.
These were some of the possible cases that put you in a situation where you have to reset the device. Let us now help you with the Linksys WiFi extender reset process. We will discuss about two different ways to get this job executed.
How to Reset Linksys Extender Using Reset Button?
Here are the clear and easy steps that you should use to reset your Linksys WiFi extender using the Reset button:
- Ensure that your Linksys WiFi extender is turned on completely and is receiving a non-fluctuating power supply. The extender must be fully booted up while you are resetting it.
- Now, look for the Reset button on the WiFi extender. The button is usually located inside a hole labeled Reset or Factory Reset.
- Straighten a paper clip now or use a similar object to push and hold the Reset button for about 15 seconds.
- Release the button after that and you are done with resetting your extender.
How to Reset Linksys Extender Using Web Interface?
Use this method only when you can log in to your extender.
- Switch on your Linksys WiFi extender first.
- Get your computer or laptop connected to the extender’s network using WiFi or make a LAN connection.
- Run an updated and supported web browser and visit the Linksys extender login page.
- Insert the login credentials in the provided fields and do the login.
- Head to Settings and under Administration, select Factory Defaults.
- Next, click on the Restore Factory Defaults button.
Let the process complete thoroughly. Soon your extender will be reset.
What Happens When You Reset Linksys Extender?
Do you know what happens when you reset the extender using the Reset button? The current customized settings on the extender get wiped off. This will include the login details, WiFi settings, and any other settings that you personalized on the extender. The default factory settings are restored on it. The WiFi extender will be as good as a new extender after you reset it.
After you reset it, you should set it up once again. You can use any method that you prefer to complete the setup of your WiFi extender. You can use the WPS method or access the Linksys extender setup page on the web interface and follow the setup instructions.
Summing Things Up
This blog post comes to an end here. You have learned about how to perform the Linksys WiFi extender reset process in two different ways. You also came to know about why one may need to reset the extender and also what to do after you factory reset your WiFi extender.
After you are done with the setup process of your Linksys extender, you can connect the client devices in your home to its network and get rid of WiFi dead zones. Also, customize the settings according to your requirements.