Linksys Extender Setup RE6300
Do you want to extend the existing network range in your home? Consider setting up a Linksys WiFi range extender RE6300. You can easily perform Linksys extender setup RE6300 using the web interface. During the setup, you connect the Linksys WiFi extender with the host router. Once the setup is completed, the WiFi extender begins repeating the router’s signals and widens the network range.
Here, on this page, we will help you with the setup process of a Linksys wireless range extender.
How to Perform Linksys Extender Setup RE6300?
You can use the Linksys extender RE6300 in two modes:
- Extender Mode
- Access Point Mode
In the extender mode, RE6300 will work like a normal extender. It will simply repeat the host router’s signals further. In this mode, the extender is connected to the host router wirelessly.
In the access point mode, the extender will work like an access point. In this mode, you use an Ethernet cable to make the connection between the router and extender.
Before you Begin:
Before heading toward the Linksys extender setup, make sure you have the following prerequisites handy:
- Linksys WiFi range extender RE6300 running on the default factory settings
- Host router
- One or two LAN cable/s
- Computer or laptop with updated OS installed
Linksys Extender Setup Steps
- Power down the host router for some time and place the Linksys range extender near the host router.
- Plug in and switch on the router first and then the range extender.
- Once the extender is booted up completely, connect your computer or laptop to its WiFi.
- Run a browser on your computer now. The browser must be updated and clear of cache and cookies.
- Type the extender’s login URL or the default IP address in the URL field.
NOTE: The login URL is extender.linksys.com and the default IP is 192.168.1.1.
- Make sure there are no typing mistakes in the URL entrée. Cross check and hit the Enter key. The Linksys RE6300 setup page will come to view.
- Click on Start Setup after accepting the Terms & Conditions.
- Now, you need to select the operation mode. If you want to use Extender mode, then select As a wireless range extender. Otherwise, choose As a Wired Access Point.
- If you are selecting the second option, i.e. the Access point mode, then get a LAN cable and connect the router and extender using it.
- Select the router’s WiFi that you wish to extend. Select both bands if the router supports both network bands.
- Assign the WiFi password for the Linksys extender and proceed ahead.
- Configure the wireless setting according to your requirements.
- Create an admin password for the Linksys account.
- Follow the prompts that appear on the screen and you will be done with the Linksys extender setup RE6300.
Do This Now!
You can now shift the extender to a new location. You can use Spot Finder during the setup process to select the best location for your Linksys extender.
Tips to Consider While Relocating Linksys WiFi Extender
- Place the extender within the network range of the host router if set up in the extender mode.
- The extender should sit somewhere in between the router and the area with no or poor WiFi signals.
- Place the extender in an open, higher, and airy location.
- Keep it away from other networking devices, home appliances and devices that operate on EM waves to avoid signal interference.
- Make sure there are no reflexive surfaces (mirrors), or large water bodies (swimming pools, fish tanks) nearby.
- Keep it away from heavy building materials like timber walls, wooden surfaces, etc.
Now that you have completed Linksys extender setup RE6300, you can connect devices in your home to its network and have lag free internet connection.