Linksys RE7000 Setup
In case you are interested in extending your home WiFi to hard-to-reach locations in your house like your garage, backyard or bedroom, there is no better option than the Linksys RE7000 wireless range extender. Once you are done performing Linksys RE7000 setup, you will get the opportunity to enjoy streaming 4K/HD movies, simultaneous online gaming, and much more. Now, the question is how to configure the networking device?
Well, to answer that question, this guide has been penned down. Here, two methods have been explained through which you can install your extender: the WPS and manual method.
BEFORE LINKSYS RE7000 SETUP
Just prior to learning how to set up the Linksys RE7000 wireless range extender, it is recommended that you have the following:
- An active 2.4 GHz or 5GHz WiFi connection
- The network name and security key on the existing router
Linksys RE7000 Extender Setup via WPS Button
WPS is a pretty direct way to connect the WiFi devices with PUSH BUTTON CONNECT. In case routers have this button on them, it might look like this:
- In case your router has a WPS button, you can proceed with the setup process.
- Plug the Linksys RE7000 extender into an electrical socket.
- Ensure that it located close to the host router.
- Once the device is plugged in, turn it on and let the LED on the front to blink green.
- You should know that this will take approximately one minute.
- Press the WPS button on the router.
- After waiting for two minutes, press the WPS button on the RE7000.
- Check the status of the LED in order to verify whether the connection was a success.
LED LIGHTS INFORMATION
- In case the LED turns solid green, then it means you completed the Linksys RE7000 setup process and can enjoy a seamless internet connection.
- But, if the LED starts blinking amber, then the connection failed. In this case, you should try to connect the extender and router again.
- Unplug the RE7000 wireless extender from the wall socket.
- Plug it in a location which is the midway between the router and area without WiFi.
- Connect the client devices to the extended network which you just created.
In this manner, you are done with the setup of Linksys RE7000 wireless range extender. By any chance, if this method seemed difficult for you to go about, then continue reading and learn how to do the same using a different method.
Setup Linksys RE7000 Setup via Web Browser
Ensure that you have properly performed the Linksys router setup process.
- Connect the extender into a wall socket and hit the power button.
- Once the LED turns green, switch on your computer or laptop.
- Ensure that it has more than 50% charged.
- Go to taskbar located at the bottom of the window and click the WIFI option.
- Find the network name of your device, i.e. LINKSYS EXTENDER SETUP – XXX.
- Enter the password when prompted and click the CONNECT button.
- Load a browser on your device and go to the address or URL bar.
- Enter extender.linksys.com or 192.168.1.1.
- A screen named WELCOME TO SETUP will appear.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
WHAT WILL COME IN THESE INSTRUCTIONS?
- You will be asked to secure your network by adding a WiFi password.
- Next, you will be prompted to set up the device as extender or access point.
- Naming the network of the extender will also be required.
- At last, you have to decide the speed of the connection.
Once you are done finishing the Linksys RE7000 extender setup process, enjoy a fast internet connection on your client devices and do all the things mentioned in the introduction of this guide.
In case the bars on the taskbar of your computer are two or less than that, it is suggested that you move to a location where the signals are good.
Or would you like to change the location of your device after Linksys RE7000 setup rather than moving the entire computer setup? If this is the option that you would like to opt for, you should refer to the user manual. There, apart from the best tips to locate your device, you will also find information about the various specifications of your Linksys extender.