What Caused 192.168.1.254 Not Working Issue? How to Fix It?
192.168.1.254 is a private IP address used by many wireless routers and other WiFi devices. Amongst many brands of routers, the ones that are known to use this IP address are Linksys, Motorola, Westell, Thomson, Billion, and Aztech.
Although accessing this IP address is very easy, still due to lack of technical experience, many users get stuck while trying to do so. Are you amongst them? Fret not. We will help you first understand why you are experiencing this issue.
What Caused 192.168.1.254 Not Working Issue?
There could be many reasons behind the non-functioning state of the IP address. But, we have mentioned the most common ones in this section:
- The IP address in use has typing errors. For example, either you have entered it without any decimals or there are spaces between the numerals.
- Your web browser is not updated. Also, it is accumulated with junk files. Some examples include cache, cookies, and browsing history.
- Instead of putting the address bar or the URL field of the internet browser to use, you have used the search bar to access the 192.168.1.254 IP address.
- Your client device, computer or laptop is connected to the WiFi router with the help of a damaged cable or the connection is not tight.
- You have used the IP belonging to the some router. Every router has a specific IP assigned to it. If leaving that, any other IP is used; it is bound to cause issues.
Now, you ought to take the assistance of the troubleshooting methods highlighted further in this blog post and find out how the issue in debate can be resolved.
How to Regain Access to 192.168.1.254 Login IP?
Prior to reading, know that we are taking the example of Linksys router in this blog. But, this does not mean that if you are using a router of any other brand, the tips won’t work.
1) Insert the Decimals into the Entrée
The primary thing which you ought to do is to put the decimals at the correct places. To be more specific, if the IP address is 192.168.1.254, it should be typed in the exact same manner. The decimal position should not be incorrect. For example, entering the IP like 192168.1.1 or 19.21681.1 is wrong. Along with this, ensure that the there are no spaces in the entrée. Once done, check if you can access the Linksys router login page.
2) Update and Clean the Web Browser
Given you are reading this troubleshooting solution; it means that you are experiencing the same problem. To resolve it, you ought to upgrade it to its latest version. Once you have updated it, clean it. Access its settings menu and make it free from browsing history, cache, and cookies. Though this will bear fruit, on the off chance, it does not, put the private window of the browser to access the IP address to use.
3) Do Not Use the Browser Search Bar
The search bar is usually used when one is not aware of the exact address of a particular site. However, the address bar is used for the opposite purpose. Given this, if you have been attempting to access the IP address using the search bar, it will take you nowhere. Thus, ensure that you enter 192.168.1.254 in the address of the browser to get results. For your information, the address bar is also called the URL field.
4) Re-Connect to the Router Network
No internet connection can lead to issues which had no intention of troubling you in the first place. Thus, check whether your client device has access to a fast WiFi connection. In case it does not, then it could be because the cable in use is damaged. Thus, make sure that only a cable free of damages is being used by you. In case, you are still experiencing the same issue, continue reading.
5) Confirm the Router IP Before Using
There is a very high possibility that your Linksys router does not have 192.168.1.254 assigned as its default IP address. Instead it is 192.168.1.1 as the default one. With that said, try to access the Linksys smart WiFi login page with the help of the default IP address. In case you are not sure about the same, it is suggested that you read the information given in the user or product manual of your networking device.
These were the methods through which you can easily regain access to the 192.168.1.254 IP address. Now, you can go to the main dashboard of the wireless device you are using and tweak its settings like, hiding the WiFi SSID, upgrading the software, and so much more.